[Citrusdb-users] Over payment credit
bryan
2012-12-07 05:25:11 UTC
Paul,

Could you tell me what happens to the credit after a payment is made?
It echoes the message: Payment Saved, $31.50 Left over, Add Credit for
$31.50
The last is a link the doesn't work for me at least.

A payment of $94.50 was entered.
Customer only needs $63.00 to pay the invoice.
Credit amount is $31.50.

If the credit isn't entered is it lost?
The full $94.50 shows up on the payment_history table though.

Regards,
Bryan
Paul Yasi
2012-12-07 15:37:32 UTC
I cannot duplicate the link failing, it is loading the
tools/addcredit.php script. The whole payment is recorded, however if
the credit is not entered with that link on that account then it must
be entered manually. Sometimes a customer may pay for two accounts or
multiple invoices with one payment, so you may not always want to
click that link that automatically adds a credit to the account and
instead need to find the other account they paid for or the other
invoice to apply that amount to.

Paul
Open Source Customer Care & Billing System
bryan
2012-12-25 07:11:37 UTC
Paul,

Looks like I erased the credit and prorated "services".
Added them back in as per the original citrus.sql.

Now how do I insert the credit manually?

Bryan
bryan
2013-01-08 07:59:18 UTC
Paul,

This may have been lost in the holiday mail.
How do I enter the credit manually with SQL?

Bryan
Paul Yasi
2013-01-08 16:15:29 UTC
Once you have the credit service back in there, you can just add a
credit to the account like any other service. Click add service on
the account. You might have to click show all to see the credit
service. Then add that service. Enter whatever description you want,
and the amount of the credit. It should be a positive, not negative
amount. It will make it negative by itself.

Paul