[Citrusdb-users] Changing db Name
Kiersten Williams
2012-05-23 20:48:39 UTC
I am a new user with some php & mysql experience.  I'd like to run Citrus DB on a shared server with GoDaddy.  I am unable to name the mysql database "citrus" as that name is already in use.  If I name the database something different, which files will I need to modify with the new name in order to get things installed properly?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kiersten
Paul Yasi
2012-05-24 01:12:38 UTC
The database can be named anything you want as long as it matches what
you set in the $sys_dbname variable in the config.inc.php file.

eg:

$sys_dbname = 'citrus2';

I would ask you to consider if shared hosting keeps your customer data
adequately safe and meets your local PII laws and regulations.
Particularly things like access control and comprehensive log review
may be difficult on a shared host. A virtual private server may be
more appropriate.

Paul
Post by Kiersten Williams
I am a new user with some php & mysql experience.  I'd like to run Citrus DB
on a shared server with GoDaddy.  I am unable to name the mysql database
"citrus" as that name is already in use.  If I name the database something
different, which files will I need to modify with the new name in order to
get things installed properly?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Kiersten
Open Source Customer Care & Billing System